This photo shoot took place in the yard of EMI Studios, Abbey Road in 1963at the height of Beatlemania.
Pathe News filmed the opening of the studios in November 1931. Edward Elgar conducted the London Symphony Orchestra in recording sessions of his music. Later on they became known as EMI studios.
The Beatles named their 1969 album Abbey Road, after the street where the studio is located. Most of their songs were recorded there. EMI changed its name to Abbey Road. Iain Macmillan took the album’s cover photograph outside the studios. The nearby zebra crossing has become a place of pilgrimage for Beatles fans. It has been a tradition for visitors to pay homage to the band by writing on the wall.
In September 2012, with the takeover of EMI, the studio became the property of Universal Music. Abbey Road cam at https://www.beatlestourslondon.com/links/